How to fundraise on Sports Day
I always remember Carnival Day at school: the excitement level was through the roof! The combination of dressing up in team colours, and mum and dad cheering us on from the sideline made it a day to remember.
Even back then, we begged mum to get to the shops to find t-shirts, hairspray, and zinc in our sports house colours, and wore them with pride on the school oval.
Nowadays, it's no different. Except now we're the parents... and we're finding that everything is sold out in our colours, and we're FED UP with the runaround.
Well... that's the case for those that haven't discovered shopping at Sports Day Shop.
Shopping from home, using AfterPay, PayPal and cards for secure checkouts, and knowing the colours are in-stock: it's a winning combination. Sending 25% of the sales value back to your school makes it an unmissable opportunity!
Check out the Sports Day Shop warehouse and range in this short video:
For schools, Sports Day is the PERFECT fundraising opportunity
It's rare to have such a huge audience to capitalise off.
There's parents and siblings on the sidelines, as well as the team mates and teachers on the field for one or more days!
The best P&C fundraising ideas:
- Uniform Stall: bring a selection of hats (for those that forget them on the day), t-shirts, and other key items along, with your School Ponytails bow display. You could even purchase a few sports products at wholesale pricing for sale on the day (email us to activate wholesale prices).
- Sausage Sizzle: organise a special lunch menu for the day, or hold a sausage sizzle on the oval. The captive audience are sure to be hungry! Coffee vans are really popular too. (Don't forget to create a roster for parents, so they can watch their child compete)
- Face painting/Hair spray tent: charge $2 for a faction team coloured nose using SPF 50+ zinc, and $5 for hair spray (access wholesale pricing of all Sports Day Shop products via email).
Watch: Check out the great colour and coverage on School Ponytails hair sprays
NO risk + NO cost + NO volunteers needed on the day = WIN!
Arrange a no risk, no cost pre-order of the most popular house coloured products like coloured zinc, hairspray, pom poms, kids sunnies, sports bags, socks, and sweatbands.
Your school will earn a whopping 25% through the sales, which are processed through your special link online, or on an order form.
Read: No Risk Fundraising
Preparation is KEY
When parents shop online (or on order forms), they make their own payments and save the P&C being out of pocket. To get it set up at your school takes a little bit of forethought thought.
The ordering period is usually 2 weeks, and you need to allow for the items to ship to you too, so you need to get in touch about 4+ weeks ahead of Carnival Day!
We'd hate to run out of your colours, or have a postage delay!! It's truly a case of: the earlier the better!
Read: 10 Tips for Fundraising Success
Don't forget to promote
- Advertise in your school newsletter and on your Facebook page that you'll be selling uniforms/sausages/face painting
- Provide price guides for parents so they know how much money to bring
- Let them know if they need cash or can pay by card. You can find out more about Providing Card Payment Options at School Events here.
The shopping frenzy to find "the right colour" at "the right time" is upon us. This year, I'd love to see you bring the profits back to your school.
If you love this idea, email it to your committee, Pin it, Save it, or Share it!
- Nicola @ School Ponytails